Thursday, January 19, 2017

January Rain and the Bald Eagles

January 17, 2017
We still have rain falling here at the cave, however I like it dark and wet. We should get some winter weather in the next few weeks.
Yesterday 1/16/17 Saturday we went to Ogden, Arkansas to check on the bald eagles, to our surprise the pair plus one was at the site sitting in a pine and a dead snag. This is the first time I have observed the pair together like this. It is strange that the third mature eagle was there also.
The hawks were plentiful too, we I photographed one red shoulder and one broad winged and we sighted many at a distance. It rained on our excursion and that made it even nicer. 
Our two pups enjoyed the trip, Canon gets excited when we start seeing things and wants to look also but Annie had rather sleep in the backseat on her blanket.
We stopped at an E-Z Mart for gas and Jane purchased us a sausage on the stick for lunch. 
Love to be out rambling for wildlife with Jane ! 
I love this unusual weather but I am about to get a serious case of cabin fever. I no longer see the critters around my cave window and few birds are hanging out.
I am thinking about going North to the SWEPCO lake for a few days of eagle photography. They will start leaving the last of next month (February and mid March).

No comments:

Followers