Monday, December 4, 2017

Hanging with the Rain

 A perfect day for hanging here in my cave reading and editing photographs. There is no rain falling at this time, but looks like it can anytime now. I went to the T A 2 eagle nest yesterday and photographed some of the activities at the nest re-construction for the upcoming nesting season. The eagles (pair) or staying close to the nest area. They leave for short periods of time and return to the area sometimes on the nest or on a nearby limb. It seems as though one works on the nest while the other watches. I know they are bringing in limbs and other items but I have not been there when they do. I want a photograph of one of them with a big stick flying into the nest.
  While we were watching the nest yesterday we had visitors, three beaver showed up and played in the river bed. The mallard ducks were busy on the water. On the way to the nest we traveled down Sparks Lane to see if any critters were at the slough. The nutrias were sunning on their pads and some hawks were observed and of course there was the great egrets fishing.
  The weather was like a warm spring day. It seems so strange that we are near Christmas and still have had no winter weather. I hope it turns cold before Christmas Day and maybe even snow here in East Texas. The leaves are falling like snowflakes and the ground is covered with all different colors, Jane loves to watch the leaves falling.
  I would like to spend the holidays in the Arkansas mountains with snow falling and a big fire in a fireplace and quietness  all around. I would like to photograph the different critters in the snowfall and watch the Cossatot River roll over the river rocks with snow capping the round river rocks.
  Well the mist has arrived, no rain just heavy mist and darker sky. There is some kind of change in the weather coming, there are few bird outside my cave window. I am going to put out fresh food for them.

No comments:

Followers