Thursday, January 20, 2011

Photos:"WONDER WHY"

"WONDER WHY"

by Dennis Waters on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 9:54am
  I read the newspaper this morning and again I wondered why bother; I found no good news. The news articles all pertain to money in some sort of way, how much the streets cost, how many dollars it cost for a person to bond out of jail and how much money we will make by being friends with China. The obituary reports how good a person “was” and no articles of how good a person “is.” We have to pass away to be bragged on and there is not much pleasure obtained in this.
  I found many pages of things I should buy to make the seller, me happy, and him richer. I have all I need and only want what I have repaired so I can use it. People gripe about the weather no matter what kind we have.
  I read more on Thoreau last night; Whitman considered him a scrooge of sort, so in Whitman’s review of Thoreau’s work he omitted all things of happiness. When Thoreau was dying of Tuberculosis, his works were not selling but he stated that this was fine, it gave him more privacy into his own thoughts.
  I find it hard to be of good thoughts when all around is nothing but negative chatter and actions of aggression. I enjoy the solitude on dark rainy days; it keeps the naysayers and Jehovah witness away from my cave door. Have you noticed that the J. W. only come on bright sunny days.
  Chosen solitude and seclusion in nature brings happiness, you see the gifts never seen in the confines of a plastic world dominated by phony plastic salespeople. Everyone is trying to sell something, his or her intelligence, goods we all need, and his or her thoughts on all subjects. However, in nature they seldom venture into the sacred grounds of illiterate simple people, wonder why.  





No comments:

Followers