Monday, June 3, 2013

Coyote in Town

I spend much time looking for wildlife photography ops and traveling to locations where I may find unusual and different species.A few weeks ago I was relaxing outside with family and friends cooking gumbo on my smoker trailer. My son-in-law and their friends from Dallas-McKinney were sitting on the driveway where the cooking was taking place, talking. I noticed a strange look come over the friends face as he was looking in the direction of my front yard. The word "coyote" spilled from his mouth and I thought "This City Slicker" does not know a domestic dog from a coyote. I raised from my chair to look around the corner of the house and there stood "Mr Coyote"  (The name "coyote" is borrowed from Mexican Spanish coyote, ultimately ... Its scientific nameCanis latrans, means "barking dog" in Latin) 
I did not have time to retrieve my camera from the house. he was gone in a flash.I found this situation unique;I search far and wide and here it is in my yard. 

The coyote, also known as the American jackal, brush wolf, or the prairie wolf, is a species of canine found throughout North and Central America, ranging from Panama in the south, north through Mexico, the United States, and Canada. Wikipedia
Scientific nameCanis latrans
RankSpecies

No comments:

Followers