Sunday, February 19, 2012

Disapointing Day in Arkansas Nature

Click for Nash, Texas Forecast

Today I took a short road trip to a location I had not visited to photograph in a couple of years. When I started to get into the area I was shocked, all the land had been "CLEAR-CUT", keep in mind that this is National Forest Property.  You know , property set aside and protected for preservation of Natural resources, wildlife and people that love nature.
I could not keep from wondering what timber person has a "Brother-in-Law" in Washington. This reminds me of Cheney and Haliburton and their many hands in the deep pockets. I was so disgusted I packed up and returned to the cave early. A place that was once beautiful ,filled with wildlife now only mush on the ground. The Right of Way was stripped also.
We were lucky to see a panther, solid black, as it was moving from the area at a fast pace, most likely looking for a new home. I have never viewed as many buzzards as I did today, evidently they have a great resource for food in the clear-cuts of Arkansas.
If the Natural State continues or allows this to continue it will have a "Naked State" and no tourist revenue. All for the favors of politicians and "Brother inlawing"!

No comments:

Followers