Monday, February 13, 2012

Click for Nash, Texas Forecast
Monday, February 13, 2012   7:23 AM

We have sleet, snow and rain this morning with a temperature of 30°. The birds are flocking to the feed outside the cave window. The snow will be gone by noon and then just rain. The pups are keeping the fireplace warm and I am going to stay inside as usual.

I do enjoy my cave on this kind of day; I only wish it were up in the mountains away from all the drama of this world. Today would be a great day to be in the valley photographing the elk and other critters. However, it would just be nice to ramble through the area and visit with people with the same dreams and interests. I also would enjoy no phone calls from solicitors, only my immediate family and true friends, which are very few.


“I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through the deepest snow to keep an appointment with a beech tree, or a yellow birch, or an old acquaintance among the pines”.




Henry is my kind of person; he lived the way he desired and said what he thought, he loved the wilderness, as did Ansel Adams. Just sitting here watching the birds gives me a special feeling and love for these creatures. I would give up some of the material things just to be closer to a simple way of life.




“Cities force growth and make men talkative and entertaining, but they make them artificial.”




Even before the population explosion, people could see that living simple was the best life. There is something in the mountains that attract me and make me a happier person. I believe it to be the solitude and simple way mountain people live.

No comments:

Followers