Friday, January 9, 2015

From My Window

It is a cold East Texas day here at my cave with little to see from this window that is inviting. We have gray skies and wind and below freezing temperature, the kind of weather that makes you look forward to spring. Lately I have had good luck finding and photographing Bald Eagles in Arkansas. I received a call earlier about a bald eagle on highway 71 in Miller county diving at a road kill. I did not go because I was certain it would be gone by the time I could drive the distance.


This eagle was located near a highway accompanied by her mate.


We traveled back to the location the following Sunday and this broad winged hawk was perched in the tree where the eagle had been a couple days before. On this trip we did not find the Bald Eagles at this location, however, we found the two bald eagles at the nest in Ogden. The sun was directly behind them so photographing them was not possible.
















No comments:

Followers